For the 2020-2021 school year, Woodland Park has made changes to our programming in response to COVID-19 while remaining true to our progressive, play-based approach.
While King County remains in Phase 2, our classes are meeting in outdoor-only small group sessions as follows:
- 2s/3s Group 1: Thursdays, 9-11 am with Teacher Althea
- 2s/3s Group 2: Mondays and Wednesdays, 9-11am with Teacher Althea
- 3s/4s Group 1: Mondays and Thursdays, 1:45–4:15 p.m with Teacher Christi
- 3s/4s Group 2: Tuesdays and Fridays, 1:45–4:15 p.m with Teacher Christi
- Kindergarten Group 1: Every other Monday, and Tuesdays and Thursdays 9-2 pm with Teacher Rachel
- Kindergarten Group 2: Every other Monday, and Wednesdays and Fridays 9-2pm with Teacher Rachel
Health and Safety Protocols
We are following public health guidelines for Early Learning as well as OPEP guidelines.
- Our group sizes are small.
- Adults wear face coverings and children under 5 are encouraged to wear them.
- We screen for symptoms and take temperatures at the door.
- Students wash hands before and after class and as needed during class.
- Our class is fully outdoors, except for our ventilated restroom. We have outdoor handwashing stations available.
- Groups do not overlap at school, and toys and surfaces are sanitized between each group.
As a cooperative school, parents are asked to rotate volunteering in class (once every 1-2 weeks or so, depending on group size), attend a monthly meeting and to hold a parent job outside of class (such as helping with the class garden or planning fundraisers).
While we are running on a small group, reduced schedule, we are offering a 25% discount off our regular rates. Need-based scholarships are available.
For more information please contact our Parent Coordinator at email@example.com.